30% SAUVIGNON BLANC
35% TEMPRANILLO BLANCO
CRAFTING AND AGING
- Hand-harvested whole bunches of 60 year-old gobelet-pruned Viura vines in Rioja Alta. Tempranillo blanco from clay-rich soils and Sauvignon Blanc from calcareous soils.
- Destemming followed by a long cold maceration for primary varietal extraction and soft pressing.
- Low temperature alcoholic fermentation in small flextanks.
- Transfer to soft-toast French oak barrels for partial malolactic fermentation (Virua and Tempranillo).
- Cotinuous battongage during four months in contact with lees toenhance the body and structure.
- Final blend and bottling.