- Nikka from the Barrel is big-boned and bursting with character. Not averse to a drop of water, either. A real star, winning top prize in its category at the World Whisky Awards in 2007 and 2010.
- Old gold colour whisky
- Blended Japanese whisky made with malt from yoichi and a combination of malt and coffee
- Deep scent and mellow taste
- Nose of very candied profile with marshmallow and vanilla
- Creamy, toffee with a light and crisp finish
Tasting Note by The Chaps at Master of Malt
Nose: Medium-body with good balance. There are notes of cut flowers and fresh fruits, spice and a little oak.
Palate: Full-bodied and punchy. There is plenty of winter spice and toffee, a little caramel and vanilla and a good mouthful of fruit.
Finish: Long, warming and fruity with a little oaken spice.